Behind The Scenes: A Look Inside My Pro Makeup & Hair Kit
One of the questions that I am asked repeatedly is: What’s in my Pro makeup and hair kit? With over 27 years of experience, one thing that I can say for sure is that I have perfected not only what items I have in my kit, but what brands of products I trust to make my clients look flawless for their weddings, and photoshoots. Today I am giving you a very detailed, inside look at my professional hair and makeup kit.
What type of makeup and hair services will you be doing?
What you have in your pro makeup and hair kit will vary depending on what type of makeup and hair you are doing. I mainly do services for senior photo sessions, boudoir photo sessions, headshots, and weddings. Everything that I will share with you today is what I take with me on all of these gigs.
My Rolling Makeup Case
There are so many makeup cases or trolleys on the market to choose from. I tried to search for the one that I have and I can’t even find it because it is that old!
I prefer to use a hard case like the one pictured. I have had so many others in the past, but I ended up keeping this one. I bought it at a hair show probably about 7 years ago. I like that it is durable, and protects my products so well. I have traveled all over with it and it is still holding up. You can see that I started adding stickers from all of the places that I have gone to educate.
I also like that I can organize my makeup in it and literally open it up on location without getting it all out. I remove the top piece and only really use the bottom part. It came with a cover so that I can use it that way. I remove the insert on the top of the bottom piece and place that on my work surface which has a lot of my palettes organized in it.
Züca bags are very popular among makeup artists. They contain pouches so you can keep your makeup organized. They are a little bit lighter but also pricier.
Shop around, look at all of the features, and pick out the right one for your needs and wants.
Alright, let’s get to the real reason why you are here!! Here is a live video I did on my Leigh Raeder-All Things Beauty Facebook Page showing my viewers what I pack in my Pro Makeup Kit. I have also broken down everything below by category for your reference. Oh, and if you click on each item, it will take you right to the product! I hope it helps!
- Face Primer-I prefer my Custom Blend Formula but also use the Motives Complexion Perfection Face Primer
- Motives Instasmooth-Line & Pore Filler
- Motives Color Correctors
- Foundations-Motives Foundation Sticks, & Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation
- Custom Airbrush Foundation
- Motives Concealer Pots
- Motives Loose Translucent Powder
- Pressed Powder-Motives HD Powder & Full Coverage Photo Finish
- Motives Shape Up Contour Palette
- Motives That Glow Tho Highlight Palette
- Motives Get Cheeky Blush Palette
- Motives Euphoria Blush Palette
- Bronzer-Motives Miami Glow & Hampton Socialite
- Setting Sprays-both Motives 10 Years Younger & No More Shine
- Motives Eye Base
- Eye Shadow Palettes-Motives Super Power Mattes, Goal Digger, Bossbabe, Jet Setter, Static
- Motives Fiber Lush & Lustrafy Waterproof Mascara
- Motives Little Black Dress Gel Eyeliner
- Motives Khol Eyeliner-Onyx, Coffee, Angel, & Sterling Silver
- Motives Artificial Lashes
- Kiss Lashes-Various Styles but my favorite are Looks So Natural & Blowout
- Duo Lash Adhesive
- Motives Essential Brow Kit
- Motives Arch Definer Ultra-Fine Brow Pencils-Taupe, Medium Brown, Dark Brown, & Black Brown
- Fluffy Powder
- Flat Top Powder
- Fluffy Eye Blender
- Flat Shadow
- Angled Eyeliner
- Small Eye Shader
- Eye Brow
- Lash Comb
- Airbrush Machine
- Motives Professional Nail Care Kit
- Metal Palette & Spatula
- Motives Eye Lash Curler
- Lumiere de Vie Pink Quartz Roller
- Hand Mirror
- Hair Clips
- Face Shield
- Precision Detail Trimmer
Sanitation & Disposables
- 80% Alcohol Spray
- Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner
- Alcohol Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cotton Rounds
- Cotton Swabs
- Facial Tissue
- Disposable Lip & Mascara Wands
- Makeup Sponges
- Paper Towel
- Gallon Ziplock Bags
- Lint Roller
- Business Cards
My Hair Caddy
I actually have something older than my makeup case, my hair caddy! I honestly can’t tell you how long I’ve had it. What can I say…it works great!
This is one exactly like it. I think I may have gotten it free when I purchased my blow dryer.
Here’s what I fill it with:
- Duvolle Trinity 3-in-1 Curling Set (use coupon code LEIGH70 for 70% off)
- Desire Series Flat Iron (use coupon code LEIGH70 for 70% off)
- Wahl Peanut Hair Trimmer
- Hot Tools Blow Dryer
- Centrix Roc-it Dog Pivoting Thumb Shear
- Feather Hair Razor
- Mason Pearson Brush
- Wide Tooth Comb
- Teasing Brush
- Teasing Comb
- Heat Resistant Storage Case & Thermal Mat
- Marianna Supreme Bobby Pins
- Soft ‘n Style Roller Pins
- Soft ‘n Style Hair Pins
- Small Rubber Bands
- Hair Ties
- Hair Donuts
- Hair Clips
Osis Elastic Hairspray
Osis Thrill Me
You don’t have to worry about remembering everything I went through today. I have created a checklist just for you! Download and print my FREE Pro Makeup Kit Checklist by clicking HERE.