Get The Look-10 Looks using The Super Power Mattes Palette
Last week I announced my new Super Power Campaign which was really inspired by the Super Power Mattes Eye Shadow Palette. Since it’s launch, it’s been already deemed as a favorite by many. It’s no surprise, matte eye shadow is easier to blend and apply for most and pairs well with so many of your other palettes. Today I wanted to share 10 looks that have inspired me and I hope that they do the same for you and show you what you can recreate with this ONE powerful palette!
The Super Power Mattes Eye Shadow Palette
It’s time to level up your makeup game with your most essential superpower, the Super Power Mattes Eye Shadow Palette. Inspired by our very own Superhero, Creative Director and Founder of Motives®, Loren Ridinger, this palette packs a punch of powerful mattes to supercharge your look. What’s your superpower? Can you run in heels, climb Mount Everest, run your own company, keep a house full of loved ones from pure chaos on the daily? No matter what superpower you have, it’s uniquely yours and this palette is here to help enhance it. Soaring with 10, silky smooth eye shadows, this palette will be your makeup arsenal’s newest love. This palette is filled with tons of neutral shades for looks that can withstand any combat, day or night, while its star shade, Feisty, adds the ultimate pop of color to give any look extra grit. So what are you waiting for? Are you ready for a fierce new look?
The Super Power Mattes Eye Shadow Palette includes the following matte-nificent shades (from top left):
- Grit: a rich caramel
- Takeover: a pinky porcelain
- Fly: a neutral cream
- Bold: a deep onyx
- Spirit: a bourbon red/brown
- Soar: a smokey light gray
- Level Up: a neutral honey
- Fierce: a deep purple/brown
- Brave: a purply mauve
- Feisty: a lush berry
1. Level Up
- Begin by blending “Takeover” slightly above the crease.
- Using “Level Up” blend into the crease.
- Taking “Feisty” on a small brush apply to the outer corner of the lid and sweep onto the lash line stopping about halfway.
- Apply “Feisty” onto the lower half of the lash line connecting both the top and bottom color in the outer corner of the eye.
- Using a flat brush pat “Fly” onto the first half of the lid and inner corner of the eye.
2. It Takes Grit
- Begin by blending “Grit” slightly above the crease.
- Using “Spirit” blend onto the outer half of the crease.
- Taking “Fierce” blend onto the outer half of the lid and into the outer half of the crease.
- Using a flat brush pat “Level Up” onto the first half of the lid.
- Line the lash line using the Precisely The Point Eye Line. Line the lower water line using “Little Black Dress” gel liner and smudge out using “Bold” followed by “Spirit” and “Grit” to get a nice gradient effect.
3. You’ll Soar
- Begin by blending “Spirit” onto the outer corner of the eye blending onto the outer crease
- Taking “Soar” apply onto the inner half of the crease and blending slightly where both colors meet
- Using a flat brush and the color “Fly” pat onto the lid
- Apply mascara or falsies!
4. Be Feisty
- Begin by taking a flat brush and patting “Feisty” over the entire lid
- With a fluffy brush with a bit more “Feisty” begin blending that color into the crease until all edges have been soften
- Using “Precisely The Point Eyeline” apply your winged liner.
- Taking a bit more “Feisty” blend underneath the lower lash line. Highlight the inner corner of the eye using “Fly”
5. It Takes Spirit
- Begin by applying “Spirit” with a flat brush over the entire lid
- With a fluffy brush and the color “Takeover” blend into the crease
- With a pencil brush blend “Spirit” underneath the lower lashes followed by “Spirit” for a nice gradient effect! Making sure to connect the colors to the outer corner of the eye.
- Apply “Takeover” to the inner corner of the eyes as a highlight
6. You Can Fly
- Begin by applying “Spirit” onto the outer corner of the eye
- With a bit more “Spirit” begin blending the color into the crease
- Using a flat brush apply “Fly” onto the lid and stopping about half way, but over lapping the colors where they meet for a smooth transition between colors
- Apply your favorite mascara/Falsies
- Begin by smudging “Angel khol eye pencil” onto the entire lid
- Taking “Brave” on a flat brush pat over the entire lid
- Using a fluffy brush with a bit more “Brave” blend into the crease and slightly above till there are no harsh edges
- Using “Takeover” apply to the lower lash line and blend. Using “Fly” highlight the inner corner of the eye
- Line the eye using “Precisely The Point Eyeline”
- Begin by blending “Level Up” onto the outer corner of the eye
- Using “Takeover” blend into the inner portion of the crease
- Using a detail brush and concealer apply to the lid as is creating a cut crease but stopping about half way across the crease
- Using “Brave” pat onto the center of the lid followed by “Fly” onto the inner corner of the lid
- Line the water line using “Angel Eye Khol” and blend “Level Up” & “Takeover” underneath the lower lash line
9. Feisty Liner
- Using a fluffy brush and the color “Level Up” blend into the crease and slightly above
- Taking a liner brush and the color “Feisty” make a liquid liner by mixing some of the shadow with a drop of water. Apply your winged liner
- Extend that wing by connecting the end of the wing and bringing that line into the crease, Stop about half way
- Blend “Level Up” onto the lower lash line
10. Super Power Graphic Liner
Super Power Graphic Liner
- Begin by applying your wing liner using “ Precisely The Point Eye Line”
- Mix a bit of “Feisty” shadow and a drop of water to make a liquid liner. Using an angled liner brush trace the edges of the liner already created
- Taking “Precisely The Point Eye Line” draw a thin line in the crease following your own natural eye shape
- Using our liquid shadow we’ve created using “Feisty” shadow trace the bottom line in the crease
- Apply your favorite Motives mascara
Which one is your favorite look? I hope that these 10 looks inspired you to either recreate them, or create your own unique look with this versatile palette!