“Go RED” For Women-National Wear Red Day®
Today, February 5, 2021 is National Wear Red Day®. The American Heart Association, the leading global volunteer organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke, is calling on women to spread awareness that cardiovascular disease remains the leading killer of women in the U.S.
Losing even one woman to cardiovascular disease is too many
According to The American Heart Association’s website, 1 in 3 women are dying from cardiovascular disease. Heart disease kills one woman approximately every 80 seconds, taking more lives than all forms of cancer combined, and cardiac events are on the rise in young women in their 20s. At the same time, recent market research has indicated that the youngest, most diverse groups of women are the least aware that cardiovascular disease is their greatest health threat.
Here’s how you can help
- Wearing red on National Wear Red Day, Friday, Feb. 5, 2021, to raise awareness about cardiovascular disease.
- Making a donation to support the lifesaving work of the American Heart Association at WearRedDay.org. Big Lots Foundation will match online donations on National Wear Red Day, up to $333,333.
- Visiting CVS Health and making a donation at the register until March 6. Donations can also be made online at www.CVSHealth.com/GoRed.
- Signing up to participate in the lifesaving Research Goes Red initiative, a joint collaboration between the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women movement and Verily’s Project Baseline.
- Joining the conversation by using #WearRedDay, #HeartMonth and #GoRedforWomen on social media.
Buy Red lipstick
Today I posted only social media that I would donate 100% of my profits from the purchase of ANY red lipstick from my website www.BeautyByLeigh.com to the American Heart Association, but I have decided to extend it for the entire month of February! Why red lipstick?
There’s no denying that makeup means power. You put it on and it lets you be whoever you want to be. But that red lipstick? Oh that red lipstick has a magic of its own! One that several women recognize, harness and endorse. In fact, it even gives you an inexplicable sense of power. Trust me, I’ve tested this theory. Check out my blog post: I WORE RED LIPSTICK FOR A WEEK AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED…
There are many shades of red lipstick to choose from. Cool tones, warm tones, neutral tones and different levels of depth. Then there are different formulas. Matte, semi-matte, creamy, glossy and everything in between. Not sure where to start? I can help you find the right formula for you.
About Go Red for Women
The American Heart Association’s signature initiative, Go Red for Women®, is a comprehensive platform designed to increase women’s heart health awareness and serve as a catalyst for change to improve the lives of women globally. While nearly 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in women, claiming the lives of 1 in 3 women.
For 17 years, Go Red for Women has encouraged awareness. The movement harnesses the energy, passion and power of women to band together and collectively wipe out heart disease. It challenges them to know their risk for heart disease and take action to reduce their personal risk. It also gives them tools they need to lead a heart healthy life. The Go Red for Women movement is nationally sponsored by CVS Health, with additional support from national cause supporters. For more information, please visit GoRedforWomen.org or call 1-800-AHA-USA1 (242-8721).