Winged eyeliner can be intimidating. And honestly can be downright challenging on certain eye shapes. Today I wanted to share my tips and tricks on how the create the perfect winged eyeliner regardless of your eye shape or even your age for that matter.
How to Create The Perfect Winged Eyeliner with an Angled Brush
This classic winged eyeliner is achieved using a gel eyeliner.
My pick: The Little Black Dress Gel Eyeliner. It’s a unique, mineral-based formulation that allows the precision of a liquid liner with the ease of a gel-based formula. The eyeliner glides on smoothly and precisely, then quickly dries down to a silky-soft finish.
It’s best applied with an angled brush.
My pick: Motives Angled Eyeliner Brush. It’s a brush with short, angled bristles to ensure a precise, firm, and even stroke when lining and defining eyes. You can expect polished, professional results every time.
- Using “Little Black Dress” gel liner and a liner brush start by adding a line at the end of the eye that lines up with the end of the brow.
- Using the line you created as a guide bring that line inward and stopping about halfway.
- Line the inner part of the eye connecting with the line already created.
- Fill in the first half with “Little Black Dress” gel liner.
- Lastly, fill in the stopping end of your liner smoothing out any imperfections if needed.
When applying eyeliner with a free hand, make sure to rest your elbows on a flat and steady surface. This will give a good amount of control over your hand movements.
How to Create The Perfect Winged Eyeliner with a Felt Tip Eyeliner
If you find applying a gel eyeliner with an angled brush intimidating, I have a better option for you-a felt tip eyeliner.
Here’s what I usually opt for when I’m applying eyeliner on myself. With that being said, I have tried them all and NOTHING compares to the Motives Precisely The Point Eye Line.
It provides ultra-pigmented color that glides on like a dream and dries almost instantly to prevent unwanted smudges and smears. The superfine felt tip gives you ultimate control and precision to create the thinnest or the boldest eye line to suit your look. Featuring a water-resistant and long-lasting formula, this liner will hold on and look great from morning to night.
- Start by drawing a short line following your natural lower lash line up towards the end of your eyebrow.
- Next draw a line to connect to your upper lash line.
- Line as close to your lash line as possible all the way to your inner corner.
- Fill in the empty space making sure there are no gaps by lashes or between the lines.
How to Create The Perfect Winged Eyeliner with the “Dot Method”
If you are new to the precise eyeliner scene, you may be surprised to know that most people don’t draw a straight continuous line. Especially if you have “vintage eyes”-my term for all of the wrinkly skin that I have on my eye lids. It’s easier to start with dots or dashes and connect them.
How to Create The Perfect Winged Eyeliner with the Tape
If you are still struggling, or don’t have a steady hand, you can use the edge of a post it note, or tape to get a straight edge. You’ll get a straight line every time.
My pick: Scotch Magic Tape. I usually stick it on the back of my hand first so that it’s not too sticky on your face.
How to Create The Perfect Winged Eyeliner
I also wanted to share a quick tutorial walking you through how I apply my eyeliner for an everyday winged eyeliner. I shared a few more tips and tricks that I think you may find helpful.