And just like that the year is half over! Did you have goals that you set up for yourself at the beginning of 2019? I purposely waited to write this article at a time other than the new year, because IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO CREATE A VISION BOARD! In fact, I think that creating goals and striving towards your dreams throughout the year on a consistent basis is much more effective than trying to create it all at the beginning of the year.
Do you ever feel like if you could just find a way to channel your dreams into a vision, you could manifest them into real life? I feel that way all the time. From dreams related to my business, love for my family, where I see myself living and how I surround my life in good vibes, getting those thoughts on paper always helps. It may sound so simple, but making lists and creating vision boards is often the best way to go from dream to reality.
Why should you create a vision board?
By visualizing a certain event, situation, or an object, you attract it into your life. It is a process that is similar to daydreaming. For some people, this might look like magic, but there is no magic involved, only the natural process of the power of thoughts and natural mental laws.
What You’ll Need
- Some sort of board: poster board, cork board, etc.
- Images that remind you of your dreams.
- Scissors and some adhesive (glue stick, tape, thumb tacks) depending on what kind of board you use.
How to Create Your Vision Board
- Start by gathering those images of your dreams. A good way to draw inspiration is by flipping through magazines. There are so many beautiful photos, you’re sure to find something that reminds you of your goals. These can be cut-outs from a magazine, photos, or print-outs from the internet. These images have to speak to you and not anyone else, so don’t worry if someone doesn’t “get it.” If a picture of a palm tree reminds you of your dream house then grab that picture.If you get a little overwhelmed by all the visuals start by making a list of your dreams and then look for images that match those dreams
- Arrange the images onto your board. You can do this however you like. Be creative. And use inspiring words if you like.
- Place your nifty board somewhere you can see it everyday. Maybe in your office or on your fridge. A dream board is no good if you can’t see it. I keep mine on my bathroom door and look at it EVERY morning.
- Lastly, DREAM BIG!
Get Your Family Involved
Encourage your spouse and your kids to create their own vision board. It teaches them goal setting but also gets them excited for each others dreams. It also helps for everyone to have a understanding of what each other is striving for so you can support one another.
Have a Vision Board Party
It can be so inspiring to see what other’s goals. It’s also so crucial to support your friend’s dreams, so why not invite them over for a vision board party?
It not only gives them a reason to create one too, but it can be an amazing bonding experience.
Plan a vision board party, and don’t forget to share with me pictures of what you all create!!