With the release of the new Boss Babe Palette, it’s given me the opportunity to reflect on what exactly a boss babe is.
The wait is over!! The new Matte Moisturizer is here. While this is formulated for all skin types, I especially know that my oily skin clients will be raving over this new moisturizer. Here are all the details on this new revolutionary product.
Formulated with over 30 skin loving ingredients, this light-weight moisturizer helps to hydrate skin while balancing shine. This matte lotion helps to even out skin tone while giving the skin a radiant appearance and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Instantly absorbing into skin to deliver smooth, fresh texture, the skin is left feeling supple and firm and excess oil is controlled. Lumière de Vie Matte Moisturizer nourishes skin for a flawless finish and works as a primer to prep skin pre-makeup. Dramatically improve the appearance of your skin with Lumière de Vie Matte Moisturizer.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Moisturizes skin while controlling oil
- Brightens the skin for a more radiant complexion
- Provides a supple look and feel for refined-looking skin
- Helps skin appear smoother and feel firmer
- Can also be used as a makeup primer
How do I use Lumière de Vie®Matte Moisturizer?
Apply morning and evening to freshly cleansed skin. Gently massage a generous amount on face and jawline, using light upward motions.
How often do I use Lumière de Vie Matte Moisturizer?
Lumière de Vie Matte Moisturizer can be used both morning and night throughout your skincare regimen to add that extra moisturizer your skin needs to keep it feeling and looking smooth and firm.
Will this product cause my skin to flake or peel?
When your skin starts to flake or peel that means it is time to moisturize! Lumiere de Vie does just that! Formulated to penetrate deep into your skin’s layers to not only moisturize but to create smooth, even skin as well.
Will this product leave my skin feeling dry?
No, this product is formulated to hydrate your skin and leave it feeling supple and smooth.
Will this product make my skin feel tighter?
This product will leave your skin feeling moisturized and firm.
Will this product work with all skin tones and types?
Yes! Lumière de Vie Matte Moisturizer was created to work well with all skin tones and types.
Is Lumière de Vie Matte Moisturizer tested on animals?
Lumière de Vie does not conduct or commission animal testing of any finished product.
Hyaluronic Acid has become a beauty buzz word the last few years for skin health, but is it really worth all the hype and should you be using it? The answer is YES! Everyone can benefit from this ultra-hydrating, mega moisturizing super ingredient.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a lubricating, clear substance that is produced by the body naturally. It is found in large concentration in the skin, inside joints, within eye sockets, and other tissues, where it retains collagen, increases moisture, and provides elasticity.
Hyaluronic acid has several functions, including retaining moisture, providing cushioning, holding together the skin structural components of collagen, and creating a barrier against microorganisms.
Here are 10 reasons why you should use it
1. PROVIDES WEIGHTLESS MOISTURE
Hyaluronic Acid can hold 1,000 times its weight in water, allowing it to act as a moisture magnet.
2. PROVIDES ANTIOXIDANT BENEFITS
It can neutralize the free radicals created during sun exposure that cause damage to proteins, lipids, and DNA in the skin. It offers some protection against the damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation.
But, while it has a beneficial effect, topical hyaluronic acid is no replacement for sunscreen.
3. REVITALIZES SKIN’S OUTER LAYER
The same study recorded an increase in skin hydration (up to 96%). Hyaluronic Acid plumps your skin, making it look softer and more youthful!
4. SMOOTHS FINE LINES AND WRINKLES
A study, published in The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, showed hyaluronic acid clearly demonstrated a significant benefit in decreasing the depth of wrinkles (up to 40%).
5. HELPS DRAW AND RETAIN MOISTURE
Hyaluronic acid supplements can make your skin look and feel supple. About half of the hyaluronic acid in your body is present in your skin, where it connects to water to retain moisture.
6. REDUCES INFLAMMATION
Hyaluronic acid plays an essential role in wound healing. It is naturally present in the skin, but its concentration increases when there is damage. It also aids in wound-healing, by regulating inflammation levels.
7. MAXIMIZES COLLAGEN LEVELS
A study published by Dermato-endocrinology identifies Hyaluronic Acid as a key molecule involved in skin moisture. Skin aging is a multifactorial process consisting of two distinct and independent mechanisms: intrinsic and extrinsic aging. The study suggests that it can help boost collagen production in the human body. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body, but it decreases as we age.
8. PROMOTES EVEN SKIN TONE
Hyaluronic acid is a hydrator. Most people have felt a change in their skin. After usage, skin feels dewier, the bags under eyes become lighter, and skin texture becomes smoother.
9. HELPS IMPROVE TEXTURE
A study, published in The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, showed after 2,4, and 8 weeks of treatment, measurement of skin roughness showed a significantly finer skin structure after two weeks of treatment.
10. IMPROVES SKIN ELASTICITY
The same study, showed skin elasticity showed a significant improvement after 2 and 8 weeks (up to 55%) after treatment.
What products should I use?
I recommend using a daily moisturizer containing Hyaluronic Acid. This moisturizer is a super-hydrating, intensive repair treatment developed for chronically-stressed skin and designed to work with the skin’s renewal process. An ultra rich, fast-absorbing formula specifically formulated to reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and age spots as it imparts skin with the look of improved radiance and newly-found firmness. You can get it here.
Incredible skin demands an incredible masque. Lumière de Vie Moisture Intense Facial Masque is the definitive treatment that is formulated with aloe to intensely moisturize while reducing oxidative damage from the everyday elements. Utilizing the powerful hydrating effects of hyaluronic acid, this specialized facial masque instantly revitalizes dry, aged skin on contact. Get yours here.
Consider taking a supplement with Hyaluronic Acid. I recommend Isotonix OPC-3 Beauty Blend. It is formulated to promote skin elasticity, support healthy collagen production, replenish essential vitamins and minerals for the skin, and provide the skin and body with improved antioxidant defenses. This product helps maintain skin health at the cellular level, nourishing and rejuvenating skin cells with some of the finest antioxidants available today including grape seed extract, red wine extract, bilberry extract, citrus bioflavanoids and Pycnogenol®. They are powerful free-radical scavengers that not only work to keep the skin healthy and beautiful, but also provide free-radical-scavenging abilities which are beneficial in a world filled with smog, pollution and other various unseen toxins. These antioxidants are coupled with specific vitamins and minerals that are conducive to cell growth and division. Cell proliferation is important in maintaining healthy, vibrant skin.* Get it here.
The wait is finally over! Four hot new eyeshadow palettes created by Loren Ridinger and La La Anthony, are now available. Each is uniquely beautiful and I ensure you, it will be hard for you to pick a favorite. Each palette is filled with 10 vibrant shadows that are sure to impress.
We just celebrated Earth Day on Monday and while there’s so many things we can do in our homes, there are even more that we can do in a salon.
It can seem overwhelming just knowing where to start. I remember when I tried to make changes at my salon, it was definitely a gradual process. But remember, that doing something is much better than nothing at all. Making easy and small changes will not only help the environment but also reduce your overhead, and help the bottom line. Here are my tips to change your salon culture and commit to “going green.”
Energy Saving Practices
I’m going to start with some of not only the most common, but also the easiest to change.
- Change to LED bulbs. According to Minardi Color Perfect Lighting, running at a fraction of the cost of traditional lights, LEDs can reduce lighting bills by up to 80 per cent. Plus, with a lifespan of 13 years or more (compared with just 3,000 hours for standard lighting), it will now be years before the salon will need to change a globe.
- Conserve electricity by only using energy when you need it. Unplug curling irons and flat irons. Turn off hood dryers and lights when not being used. Consider installing motion-sensor lighting in restrooms and break rooms.
3. You can even make an evening checklist to make sure computers, copy machines, coffee machines and any other electrical sources are turned off. Also find out if your electric company has a renewable electricity program that allows you to purchase renewable electricity instead of nonrenewable electricity.
4. Use less water by replacing your old hot-water heater with an instant hot-water system. It provides a never-ending supply of hot water when you need it, and you don’t waste energy to heat water when it’s not in use.
5. Control your salon’s temperature with a NEST Thermostat. It learns what temperature you like and builds a schedule around yours. Since 2011, the Nest Thermostat has saved billions of kWh of energy in millions of homes worldwide. And independent studies showed that it saved people an average of 10% to 12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills.
6. Don’t forget about your windows! Tinted windows help block UV rays and keep your salon cooler, and installing ceiling fans can also help make sure your air conditioning system is not overworked
7. Create a refill station. This may be a new concept to many salon owners and stylists. Truly eco-friendly salons and companies are beginning to understand the value of plastic-saving techniques by offering refillable containers for in-salon products like back bar shampoos, conditioners, and styling products.
By refilling, not only your back bar products, but offering it to your clients, eliminates the amount of waste dumped into the environment. Also, the refills cost less than purchasing brand new plastic products every month, increasing your retail profits by 20%! Talk about eliminating waste and becoming an eco-friendly salon at the same time!
Non toxic cleaning products
8. Switch over to eco friendly and economical cleaning products! I recommend Snap products. They were developed with the environment in mind, using plant-based ingredients that are biodegradable, phosphate free, non-toxic and bottled in recyclable containers. They also give you the cleaning power of a variety of cleaners, saving you time, money and valuable storage space.
Improve air quality
9. Adding potted plants produces oxygen, helping to balance out carbon dioxide emissions
10. Switch to non aerosol products. If you’ve ever been in a salon on prom day or when there are wedding parties, you know exactly what I mean!
11. Use truly formaldehyde free keratin treatments. Professionals are no strangers to the controversy surrounding the popularity of keratin treatments. A lot of companies hide behind false claims of being formaldehyde-free, but in laboratory tests, many of these companies’ keratin treatments were found to have extremely high levels of formaldehyde. Before you fall for their false claims, ask for lab reports or request a sample to lab test!
12. Using ammonia-free color is one of the best things you can do for both their health and yours. Not only has ammonia been linked to many health issues, it also makes your salon an incubator for toxic smells and fumes.
Ammonia is used to blast open the cuticle so that the color molecules can reach inside the hair. Due to the corrosive effects of ammonia, the hair’s pH is then altered to an extreme and has a hard time closing; thus, locking in the beautiful color you just applied. The great news is, there have been a lot of innovations and there are many healthier hair color lines available;e.
13. Offer safer beauty products. The organic beauty boom is part of the larger shift in customer awareness about health and wellness. Consumers have access to more information than ever before, thanks to a growing number of beauty blogs and social media accounts dedicated to the benefits of going chemical-free.
14. Green Circle Salons truly saw a basic need and facilitated a positive change to benefit the environment and salon owners themselves. If you’re a salon owner and you walk into a recycler with one big bag of foils, that recycler will refuse to recycle them. “Many salon owners keep their businesses “green” through recycling, LED lighting, energy conservation and other eco-friendly practices. But there are still a lot of materials that go to waste every day, including hair, leftover color and foils” According to the Green Circle Salon they “collect, recycle & repurpose your salon or spa’s hair, foils, color-tubes, papers and plastics, glass, spa waste AND divert excess hair chemicals from being rinsed down the drain. Green Circle makes weekly rounds to collect hair, paper, plastic, metals, and chemicals. The foils and plastics are then cleaned and recycled, while the chemicals are sent to a chemical-waste plant.
15. What about the hair you might ask? It’s being diverted from the landfill and being made into oil-absorbing booms for oil-spill containment by inmates at the Alouette Correctional Centre for Women in Maple Ridge. They are paid to stuff the hair into used stockings which not only benefits them but also is an amazing resource for oil control around the world.
16. Buy recycling trashcans and place them next to the regular trashcans. Switch out your paper business cards, stationery and retail bags to 100 percent postconsumer recycled paper. Ask guests if they need a bag for retail purchases instead of automatically supplying one. Never throw away old computers, electronics, or rechargeable products such as clippers. There are many ways these appliances can be recycled.