It’s time for a giveaway! I love to give things away, and this time it is a Motives 15 piece Pro Makeup Brush Set valued at $149.95! It’s a specialized collection of versatile face and eye brushes designed with the artist in mind. […]
If you have been following me, you probably know by now that I talk about the beauty industry NON STOP! Especially in my “Evolution of the Beauty Industry” Series. Today I’m going to hopefully help many pros out there, because I see this question ALL […]
This month I want to celebrate the power of being the ultimate #beautyboss and with the power of Motives Cosmetics, you can be the boss of your future!
Live boldly, push yourself, and don’t settle with this collection.
I find that so many women are afraid to wear bold colors, especially on their eyes! But let’s face it makeup=confidence. We can express ourselves with makeup and sometimes we have to push ourselves to try something new!
Be bright, be bold, be you and evoke your inner Goddess with the 10 power-invoking shades in the Motives Dynasty Palette. Get a perfect soft, blended look by using the Motives Eye Blender Brush with any of these 10 daring shades. Create dramatic, sexy eyes with the long-lasting Motives liquid Eyeliner and get a water resistant, precise line every time. Finish your look by misting Motives No More Shine Makeup Setting Spray and be confident that your makeup holds up the entire day while combating that excess oil so you can stay focused on your goals. 💪🏻
Here’s what the collection includes:
Sensuous and bold beauty defines Dynasty, a Mavens palette of 10 power-invoking shades. Hand selected by the top makeupartists in the world for its daring hues and versatility, Dynasty is a colorful palette of unguarded shades that evoke your inner-goddess.
- Chosen by Motives Mavens for its colorful hues
- 10 daring shades for creating sensuous, bold looks
- Matte, pearl, and glitter finishes with incredible wearability that blend effortlessly
- Perfectly sized for glamorous looks on-the-go
A long-lasting liquid liner that comes with a fine tip to allow for precise application. Perfect for creating a defined eye or a bold, dramatic look.
- Creates dramatic, sexy eyes within minutes
- Long-lasting and water-resistant
- Unique applicator allows for professional, precise application
- Glides on smoothly without pulling the sensitive skin around the eyes
Blend and soften even the deepest of shades with this unique brush. The flexible, elongated shape diffuses pigments during application for exceptional control that delivers even payoff and buildable color intensity.
- Elongated shape blends eyeshadows while providing more control
- Soft, flexible bristles create a more natural gradation of color
- Ideal for winging out eyeshadow to create a smokey look
- Ultra-soft bristles will not harm the eye area
A setting spray that mists on weightlessly to control oil, deflect surface shine and keep skin looking beautifully matte. Oily skin has met its match! Keep your skin looking smooth — but never shiny — with this spray.
• Helps control surface shine and absorb excess oil
• Fewer required “touchups” throughout the day
• Helps reduce the appearance of makeup smudging or creasing
• Surface cooling technology holds temperature to avoid melting or sliding
• Works with all types of makeup
• Works great with 10 Years Younger Setting Spray
Are you ready to hustle for the pretty things by getting your own collection? You can all of this for under $100… get it here.
Help me celebrate a few of the Motives #beautyboss from the Motives Tribe rocking their inner Goddesses with this collection & making it happen. I’m obsessed with seeing women encourage, support, and empower other women. It’s my favorite & we need more of it!
The best color in the world is the one that looks good on you. My video tutorial is up in my private “All Things Beauty Tribe”, if you missed it live, you can catch it here!
Are you curious how to incorporate a little color into your makeup routine? Book a lesson with yours truly and I’ll help you get-Out with the old, in with the BOLD! Ready to build your DYNASTY by leveraging this $445 billion industry? I can help you with that too 😉
Men’s Skin Is men’s skin really that different than women’s? Yes, there are many similarities, and many of the same products and treatments used for women still work very well on men’s skin, but there are some key differences to be aware of. Men’s skin […]
Scalp care is the new skin care. And an increasing number of spas are increasingly adding scalp “facials” to their menus — which promise that scrubs, treatments and lengthy scalp massages for around $50 to $75 will reduce dirt, debris and gunk that clog your […]
Body odor is not pleasant and something we all try to contain. That’s why underarm care is one of our most important daily routines. When you’re feeling less than fresh it can take away your confidence. I have been searching for a natural deodorant that actually works for YEARS! I have read about of some of the dangers with aluminum in deodorant, but I have to admit that I kept going back because nothing I tried actually worked. And being a hairstylist, um…I couldn’t have stinky pits. Can you imagine me shampooing someone without deodorant?
I am happy to say that I finally found one! I am so excited to share this with everyone! Tested, by yours truly!! I’ve gotten great results, and I will give you all of the details.
But first, I wanted to start with some research that I did: Since the ’60s, studies have linked aluminum, the active ingredient in antiperspirants, to several degenerative and chronic diseases.
Did you know that using certain deodorants or an antiperspirant daily can change the bacterial microbiome in your armpits? Consistent use can actually make your sweat smellier (due to overproduction of a bad bacteria) if you briefly discontinue use.
Why Do We Sweat?
Here’s the deal: We have two types of sweat glands saturate your underarms. The eccrine glands produce sweat, which escapes through pores on the skin’s surface. The apocrine glands merge with hair follicles under the surface. Fluids from these glands mix with bacteria (your warm, dark, moist pits make the perfect breeding ground for bugs) and produce the unpleasant stench we call body odor.
There are several reasons why we perspire. The body uses sweat to regulate temperature and cool the body during times of stress. This can be due to anxiety, elevated body temperature (like fever or in a sauna) or just the positive stress of working out. Sweat is also an effective detox pathway for heavy metals and toxins.
Does sweat cause body odor?
Sweat itself does not cause body odor. The body’s apocrine sweat glands in the skin, mostly in the armpit locale, excrete fats and proteins which feed bacteria and cause body odor.
There are Health Benefits to Sweating
I found an article written by Wellness Mama and according to her, there are 11 health benefits to sweating:
- Detox Heavy Metals
- Help the Body Remove BPA, PCBs, and other Endocrine Disruptors
- Promote Healthier Skin
- Defeat Harmful Microbes
- Protect the Heart
- Speed Recovery After Exercise
- Lower Stress Hormones
- Decrease Risk of Alzheimer’s
- Boost Sexual Drive and Attraction
- Reduce Menopause Symptoms
- Lower Risk of Kidney Stones
What is the difference between deodorant and an antiperspirant?
Deodorant and antiperspirants tackle the effects of apocrine sweat glands. Antiperspirants use chemicals — like aluminum – to stop sweat, while deodorant works to contain odor.
What should you avoid?
Antiperspirants can contain heavy metals and also block pores and reduce the body’s ability to sweat.
According to an article by Time, “When you eat something, it’s broken down by your liver and digestive system,” says Heather Patisaul, Ph.D., an associate professor of biology at North Carolina State University. “But when you put something on your skin, there are times when it can enter your bloodstream without being metabolized.”
Patisaul spends most of her time studying known and potential endocrine disruptors—chemicals that may mess with the function of your body’s reproductive and developmental hormones. She says rubbing something on your skin doesn’t mean all—or even any—of it will make its way into your bloodstream; it depends on the chemical. But blood tests show that many of the substances commonly included in deodorant products can, in fact, worm their way past the epidermis and into the body.
Research also shows that some compounds used in deodorant are absorbed and stored in fat cells, which are prevalent in the underarm area, says Philip Harvey, Ph.D., editor in chief of the Journal of Applied Toxicology. Your underarm tissue also contains hormone receptors, which could react to some of those same deodorant ingredients, Harvey says.
For all these reasons, experts like Harvey and Patisaul are worried certain compounds in antiperspirant and deodorant could cause or contribute to developmental or reproductive issues, as well as cancer. (Other research shows some of these substances can mess with the microorganisms—many of them beneficial—that live on and in your body.
Typically found only in antiperspirants, this metal can cause “gene instability” in breast tissue, Darbre’s research shows. This instability can cause changes than may promote the growth of tumors or cancer cells, she explains. “Over 50% of breast cancers start in the upper outer quadrant of the breast local to the underarm region,” Darbre says. While that’s not proof aluminum is to blame, breast cancer incidence tends to align with use of products that contain the metal. Especially if you shave under your arms, applying a product containing aluminum to that broken skin could be bad news, Darbre says.
Still, as TIME has reported: According to the American Cancer Society’s website, there is no “clear” or “direct” link between aluminum and cancer. The National Cancer Institute site says “more research is needed.”
With my family history of breast cancer, and my struggles with auto-immune diseases, I’m just not willing to take a chance any more, especially because there is another option.
Other ingredients to avoid:
- Phthalates– Endocrine disruptors often also found in plastic that can cause hormone imbalance and even infertility
- Propylene glycol– common name: antifreeze. It is a hotly debated additive in personal care products but the Environmental Working Group reports that it carries a moderate risk of immunotoxicity and allergies.
- Formaldehyde- a known carcinogen-which also happens to kill germs.
Don’t Stress! I’ve got your solution:
Prevent odor and moisturize your underarms with our fresh, clean scented Shopping Annuity Brand Premium Deodorant.
This one of a kind formula helps neutralize odor, keeping you fresh throughout the day without the use of harsh chemicals. It’s free of aluminum, parabens and silicones, and smoothly glides onto the skin without leaving a sticky residue. By using the Shopping Annuity Brand Premium Deodorant, you can feel assured in knowing that you are using a safe, quality product.
Add Shopping Annuity Premium Deodorant to your personal care collection at home and help prevent odor using a more natural approach.
• Fresh Clean Scent
• Free of aluminum, parabens and silicones
• Safe for all skin types
• Cruelty free
• For men and women
Maranta Arundinacea Root Powder, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Sodium Bicarbonate, Beeswax, Theobroma (Cocoa Butter) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Jojoba Esters, Water, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
I have only ever used antiperspirants. How do I make an easy transition using the Shopping Annuity Brand Premium Deodorant?
Just because your sweat may smell strong if you forget to put on your antiperspirant for one day does not mean that you shouldn’t try to ditch your antiperspirant. In fact, that’s a good reason to try to detox (see below) your armpits and transition to a nontoxic option! If you are making the complete transition from an antiperspirant (which is great!), it may be helpful for some to try our Premium Deodorant before the weather gets hot so you can ease into it. Also, note that it may take your body up to a few weeks to regulate its sweat production – your body is detoxing the antiperspirant in your skin.
I have sensitive skin. Is this safe for me to use?
Yes, Shopping Annuity Brand Premium Deodorant is safe for all skin types.
Is this deodorant for both men and women?
Yes, Shopping Annuity Premium Deodorant is gender neutral with a fresh, scent that does not lean towards a traditional male or feminine fragrance.
Can children use this deodorant?
Body odor is common in young children and teenagers, especially during puberty. Practicing good hygiene is a great first step. As with anything you purchase for your family, deciding whether to let your child use this deodorant is a personal choice based on what each parent feels is best for their child’s health and wellness.
What is the texture of Shopping Annuity Brand Premium Deodorant?
Our deodorant has a smooth, white texture that glides onto your skin effortlessly.
Is Shopping Annuity Brand Premium Deodorant cruelty-free?
Yes, this product has not been tested on animals.
You may need to detox your underarms…
Switching to more natural body care products is one of the first steps in many people’s health journeys, but have you ever tried switching to natural deodorant only to discover it isn’t working? Does it leave a rash, cause excessive sweating, or leave you smelling funkier than when you started? It could be that you need to detox your underarms!
This may sound like an unusual solution, but just like the liver and kidneys, the underarms are major points of detoxification that need support to release toxins optimally.
Prolonged use of conventional deodorants that contain aluminum greatly inhibit this essential detox pathway because they actually plug up sweat glands and prevent sweating.
When we switch to a natural alternative and allow the sweat glands to do what they’re supposed to do (i.e. SWEAT), the underarms react by pushing out all of the built-up toxins that have been trapped for years. This causes a detox reaction as this sudden “unplugging” allows the body to release an onslaught of nasty chemicals. The resulting funky odor, red bumps, tender lymph nodes, irritation, and excessive sweat is what makes it seem like your natural deodorant isn’t working.
How to Detox Your Arm Pits
- 1 tablespoon bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons of water (to the right consistency)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl (do not use metal!) with a wooden or non-metal spoon until about the consistency of sour cream.
- Spread in an even layer over the armpits and allow to sit for 5-20 minutes. I suggest starting slowly and working up to a longer period of time once you see how your body adjust. If it hurts at all, remove immediately.
- This may cause some redness as it will increase blood-flow to the area, but it will go away quickly.
- Wash off in the shower or with a warm, wet washcloth.
- Repeat daily or as needed until under-arm odor goes away and natural deodorant is non-irritating.
Keep in mind that bentonite clay is the strongest clay for sucking out impurities and increases blood flow. It is not uncommon to feel your heartbeat in your underarms while using this mask.
Are you ready to get the Shopping Annuity Brand Premium Deodorant? Get it here.
I don’t think think I have ever been more excited about body care products until now! I just got home from the International Convention where some new amazing products were launched. Royal Spa introduced Foaming Brown Sugar Scrub, Nourishing Brown Sugar Bath & Shower Gel, […]
Over the past few years, I’m sure you’ve heard “sulfate free” and there has been a war in the hair-care industry against sulfates and the suds they create. Just walk down any beauty aisle and you’re bombarded with labels that boast “sulfate-free” products.Just walk down […]
Do you know which type of makeup brush is best for the makeup you use? My guide explains the difference between all of my professional brushes so you can apply your makeup flawlessly.
Brushes are one of the most common and traditional types of makeup applicators. Available in a range of sizes, densities, and stiffness. They can be used for everything from even foundation coverage across the entire face to precision eyeliner. Brushes can be used to apply any type of product (liquid as well as powder). And they work by building up coverage in layers rather than all at once.
Synthetic or Natural?
1. Sweeping Contour: One-of-a-kind. This unique shape allows you to quickly place powder under the cheekbone and along the hairline and jawline. Try pressing and stippling for even fuller coverage.
2. Powder: The powder essential. Whether pressed or loose, this brush can handle it all. Simply use broad sweeping motions across the face.
3. Fan: The perfect highlight brush. Sweep the cheekbones with your favorite shimmers, bronzers and highlighters for a soft, warm glow.
4. Blush: The blush must. Apply blush in short sweeps to the apples of the cheeks, or highlight the temples, bridge of nose and chin.
5. Contour: A contouring staple. Build dimension and create the illusion of a slimmer face with this perfectly angled brush. Use around the edges of the face, under the jaw bone and under the cheek bone for a gorgeous contoured complexion.
6. Sculpter: This brush can do it all. Use the Sculpter to apply liquid or powder foundation reaching the smallest areas. It’s also great for contouring along the natural angles of the face and jaw line.
7. Concealer: Concealed weapon. This brush can do all of the little things. Use it to apply concealer under eyes, cover blemishes and to correct makeup mishaps.
8. Spoolie: What’s a spoolie? This little miracle helps separate lashes for added volume, sculpts brow arches and is great for setting brow powder.
9. Angled Liner: Line and define. This thin, angled brush is great for lining the lower lash line or filling in brows.
10. Brow Groomer: Brow drama. This dual sided tool combs and grooms brows for a professionally defined arch.
11. Smudger: Smudge Proof. Great for adding definition to the top lash line or for densely shading lids. Smudge along the lower lash line for a soft, dark smokey eye.
12. Blender: Blending Magician. This flexible brush is the solution to a perfectly blended crease.
13. Crease: Crease Creation. Add depth to the crease of the eye by using the crease brush to apply a darker shadow. Makes your eyes pop!
14. Large Eye Shadow: Favorite pick. This full-shaped brush makes it easy to apply shadow and color to the eyelid.
15. Eye Contour: A new look. The curved, refined tip gives precise control when detailing the eye. Create that sought after shaded cat eye with this easy to use tool.
Would you like a FREE printable brush guide? Download it here
Happy National Lipstick Day ladies!! To celebrate in kissable style, I’m giving away a new Velvet Lipstick to the winner, and the lucky friend that they tag! A collection of semi-matte lipsticks that deliver a rich color in a velvet, non-drying finish-what’s not to […]