Spring Break Packing Guide
Counting down the days for your vacation? With all of your planning, I’m sure packing is the last thing you’ve thought about! I have you covered with my spring break packing guide.
If you are anything like me, packing is the least amusing part of going on a trip and I usually wait last minute. The excitement of Spring Break – even just planning a vacation is thrilling! The weeks leading up to it are great because you have something to look forward to. The inevitable creeps up on you – you HAVE to pack! I travel regularity and have it down to a science! Counting down the days until vacation but packing is the least amusing part of going on a trip.
The key is to keep it as simple as you can – but also practical.
- If at all possible, go with a carry-on. Many airlines charge to check luggage and you can actually fit quite a bit in a carry-on.
- A small backpack is easy for on-the-go days. Whether you are off to the beach or strolling around a new city, it is handy to be hands-free! A bag will hold your laptop if needed, headphones, snacks, other flight essentials, money and any ID’s you need for your trip.
- Want to keep it more casual? A crossbody bag is a great idea for your daily necessities. I feel secure by having it on the front of my body. It can be thrown into your backpack on the plane too!
Pro tip: Choose a brightly colored piece of luggage with wheels. I always hear comments from other passengers about my “fun” luggage because it all has fun patterns. My luggage stands out at baggage claim and I don’t risk anyone taking the wrong luggage. I have been on flights when a passenger grabbed someone’s carry-on accidentally-and left!! Go with spinner wheels to roll with ease through the airport.
Most of us have overpacked a time or two and ended up coming home with several outfits that were sadly never worn – but we like to have options!
Try to choose the same color scheme. Even though I like to plan ahead by putting outfits together, plans can change and having the ability to mix and match will enable you to pack less.
- Tops – depending on how many days you will gone on spring break, bring about six T-shirts and tank tops, a long-sleeved shirt and/or a sweater in case it gets chilly
- Bottoms – several pairs of shorts, a pair of jeans (which you can wear on the plane to save space). I would throw in one or two dressy outfits, like a dress or a nice pair of pants, especially for the guys in case you go somewhere fancy.
- Underwear – This one is important – pack enough underwear for two extra days. That isn’t something we want to run out of!
- Bathing suits – I would bring at least 2 or 3 suits so you can have your variety but still fit all you need in one bag! Oh, and a cover up for the ladies!
- Shoes – You really don’t need as many pairs as you think. One pair of tennis shoes, a pair of flip flops or sandals and a dressy pair, if necessary. I like to wear my tennis shoes on the plane because they usually take up the most room in your suitcase and they are comfortable walking through the airport.
- Hat-Make sure to bring a sun hat to protect your skin and hair from the sun. I like to pack a flexible hat that allows me to fold it flat when packing.
Pro tip: Roll your clothing instead of folding. It will take up less space AND you’ll have minimal wrinkles if you take your time rolling everything. I like to use luggage cubes to keep my everything separate and compressed. They also help with everything shifting.
All the Rest
You can easily find essential toiletries in most places so don’t panic if you forget something – here is the last portion of your packing guide!
- Toiletries – Fill travel size bottles with Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and your skincare products.
- Makeup- Keep it simple! Pack your Pore Minimizing Serum and your all in one eye, lip and cheek Iconic Palette and you’ll be set!
- Medications – If you are prescribed any medications, do not forget these! Also, throw in some Ibuprofen or aspirin in case of headaches.
- Vitamins- I always travel with my OPC-3 Chews. They keep my immune system strong while traveling.
- Sunscreen – splurge on the brands you’ve heard of with high SPF – you don’t want to ruin your trip by getting burnt on the first day.
- Electronics-Don’t forget your headphones and extra chargers. You may also want to consider a portable charger. There may be times you don’t have access to an outlet.
- Sunglasses-Hopefully you are going somewhere SUNNY for spring break!
- Personal Items – This section includes cash, credit cards, and license. Your passport if you are going out of the country, health insurance cards and hotel information in case you cannot find it!
Pro tip: Make sure you bring ear buds or headphones with a cord. Many planes have movies that require headphones for sound and a lot of them no longer give out headphones for you use without charging.
Whenever you are going this Spring Break, be safe, but most importantly enjoy every moment of your trip with those around you. It’s always fun to get a souvenir or dine local while you’re away too!
Traveling far? Check out my article: In Flight Skincare Tips.
Did I forget anything in my spring break packing guide? I’d love to hear some of your tips. Comment below!