Motives is looking for beauty influencers to join its Pro Artist Program! Why fit in when you were born to stand out? Why be like every other makeup artist?
Tag: Motives Mavens
It’s finally starting to get nice out here in the Northern Midwest, so that means bridal season is starting up! This also means that I am gearing up for all of my wedding parties in the next few months.
So, it was great timing when I was in Miami for Motives Cosmetics Spring/Summer 2016 Collection Launch, and they introduced a couple of new products perfect for brides and their attendants. I chose to feature two products, but hope to review the other new releases at a later date.
Motives Maven and Make up artist Jackie Gomez collaborated with Motives to create this amazing palette. If you aren’t already following her on Instagram, make sure you start @jgmakeupxoxo
Motives® I Do Palette
Understated and delicate, I Do Palette is filled with hues of shimmering pink and neutral mattes, paired with warm cheek shades to accentuate your beauty on the most important day.
With her celebrity brides in mind, @jgmakeupxoxo designed I Do Palette to exude romance for a classic look that complements your eternal love.
Includes five eye shadows (Rings, Cake, Dance, Cake, Kiss), one blush-Love, one bronzer-Toast, one highlighter-Vows and one mini eye pencil-Brown. I love the names!!
Motives® Gem Sparkles
Were created in a collaboration with Motives Maven Aurora Gonzalez Bravo. You should definitely follow her on Instagram @auroramakeup She won’t disappoint 🙂
It is a micro-glitter that is highly-reflective, this gemstone inspired collection was hand-picked by @auroramakeup for its refined, sophisticated texture and superior luster. In lush shades of pink, gold and silver, the ultra-fine particles are easily applied wet or dry for extreme brilliance.
The Gem Sparkles come in 3 colors. Citrine, Zarconia, & Morganite
I couldn’t wait to get my hands on these new products created by the two beautiful Motives Mavens. We decided to use them for one of our collaboration blog posts.
You can read the full blog post to see what the other Pro MUAs did, but I wanted to show you mine here on my own blog too 🙂
Here’s my beautiful model Allie. I wanted to get some pictures outside, but believe it or not, it was snowing!
So here’s a step by step tutorial that I did for Ali’s look:
1. Applied Motives Eye Base to the entire eye lid using Motives Concealer Brush
2. Eyebrows filled in with Motives Eye Brow Pencil-Light Brown
3. Motives Crease Brush used to apply “Dance” from the I Do Palette and made a “V” on the outer corner of the eye
4. Applied “Cake” to the center of the mobile lid using the Motives Large Eye Shadow Brush
5. Applied “Rings” to the inner corner of the eye with the Motives Blender Brush and blended it in to the other colors on the lid including into the crease of the eye.
6. Used “Lace” to highlight the brow bone with the Motives Eye Shadow Brush
7. Lined upper lid and the bottom corner with “Brown” eyeliner included in the I Do Palette
8. Smudged the brown liner with the Motives Angled Liner Brush that was dipped in the “Kiss” eye shadow
9. Sprayed the Motives Crease Brush with 10 Years Younger Setting Spray and dipped it into Gem Sparkles-Zirconia. Then used a patting motion to apply it to the inner corner, and swept it onto the rest of the mobile lid.
10. Motives La La Mineral Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara in Black on her eyelashes
1. Applied Motives Liquid Powder Mineral Foundation in shade Linen with Motives Foundation Brush
2. Contoured underneath her cheek bone with “Toast” using the Motives Contour Brush
3. Applied “Love” to her cheeks using the Motives Blush Brush
4. Highlighted her cheek bones with “Vows”
5. Completed her look by spritzing her entire face with Motives 10 Years Younger Setting Spray to ensure that her makeup will last 16 hours
The eye shadows are so pigmented. Even the light colors show up so well. They are very smooth and velvety too. The blush is the perfect pink, and the highlighter adds just enough without overdoing it. The Gem Sparkles are easy to work with and are a lot finer than regular cosmetic glitter.
I have been using these products so much since I wrote this because they look good on more than just brides! 😉 For any brides out there, these make wonderful gifts for your wedding party, or even your hired makeup artist!
Have you tried some of these new releases? If not, you will want to. I know I’m in love!!
I just got back from Miami last night where I attended the World Conference with over 20K entrepreneurs from around the globe. It was an amazing memorable event and I am excited to share some of the new products released. I couldn’t wait to share […]
I LOVE Holiday makeup. I think it’s because clients let me do more bold looks for their Holiday parties. And I can use GLITTER! I think everyone needs to add a little sparkle to their look. Don’t you? I started scanning Instagram for some inspiration […]
Last weekend, I had the privilege of traveling to North Carolina for the annual International Convention. Motives® Cosmetics stole the show with a gorgeous Motives Mavens presentation and new product announcements! Here are the details:
The Motives Mavens launched 2 more amazing palettes. Wait until you see the pigments. You won’t be disappointed!!
Look what they are showing for the Fall/Winter season!
Introducing: Motives® Cosmetics Time Stands Still Fall/Winter 2015 Line
Uncensored and unrestrained, modern beauty is unleashed with Motives Fall/Winter 2015 collection. Capture a look that endures time and remains eternal, embodying that which is beyond exquisite.
Check out this behind the scenes video here:
Thank you Loren, La La, and the Motives Mavens for an amazing weekend!! They were amazing as usual, and I can’t wait to share the new products with all of you!! Visit my website www.BeautyByLeigh.com to see all of the amazing tutorials on how to achieve some amazing looks with all of the new products. Check them out, and let me know which one you are going to try!