I get to interview another amazing woman!! I am thankful that I get to meet successful beauty professionals. Here’s your chance to learn too!
I bet you’re reading this based on the title getting your attention. But, really-do you know the #1 thing you’re doing that’s fatal to your success? Keep reading to find out…
I actually did a Live Facebook video on this very subject, because I do believe it’s what is holding a lot of people back. I see it almost every day in the people on social media, or even from those I coach and mentor.
I asked my audience; How many people:
- would like to double their income?
- would like to lose weight?
- would love to get out of debt?
- long for financial independence?
- or even just want more time?
Now, I’m sure you said yes, to at least one, or maybe even more, which is great! These are all great goals that I think the majority of the population has. In fact, I’m sure you could come up with even more. We all want to make more money, spend more time with our families, be healthy and fit, and achieve financial independence!
The problem is, 80% of the population is on what Brian Tracy calls “Someday Island”. I know, we’ve all been there from time to time, but it’s the thought that will do things…someday…and on “someday” island, everyone is surrounded by the same people, and what do you think the topic is on this island? EXCUSES!!
I hear them everyday…EXCUSES! I call it excus-itis, which is extremely fatal to your success, really in anything in life. I get it, I do, and I hear it all of the time, “But you don’t understand!” Truth is, I DO understand, I’ve been there, but I also get frustrated because I see potential in others and know that they are capable of doing great things if they would just STOP blaming others and hiding behind excuses.
What are some of the things that you use as a reason why you are on “Someday Island?
- You had a messed up up childhood
- didn’t have a good education
- you don’t have any money
- everyone is critical of me
- my spouse isn’t supportive
- no one appreciates me
- the economy…
I’m sure you can fill in a few more, but whatever it is, I’m sure I’ve heard it!
Still not convinced? I love this saying “If it’s to be, it’s up to me!” Here’s another one; “Losers make excuses, winners make progress.” Ask yourself this-Is there ANYONE else who has my same excuse that is successful anyway?
Straighten your crown
I posted this on Facebook, which is really what prompted my live broadcast, as well as this article, and honestly, this isn’t the first time I’ve written about this. Check out my article “Do You Have A Case of BUSY-ITIS?”
We all have and continue to go through tough times, and they can either make you bitter or make you BETTER. It’s YOUR choice. Yes, things happen to us that are completely out of our control, but YOU decide how you respond to it. Blaming is the path of least resistance and so many times people don’t even realize they are doing it…For the next week, I want to encourage you to be aware of how many times you make excuses or blame something, or someone else for why you can’t do something. How often do you complain? Are you a victim? Your ability & willingness to discipline yourself to accept personal responsibility for your life are essential to happiness, health, success, achievement & personal growth. Don’t be a victim…
I challenged my audience after posting this picture, to go at least a week without making any excuses. I believe that if you’re aware of it, you actually can realize how often you make excuses. And it’s exercise. The more you practice, the better you’ll get! A week turns into two weeks, then a month, and then before you know it, it’s been 90 days!
No more excuses, just STOP, don’t do it!
Imagine if you would put as much energy into their goals as you did your excuses, you would really surprise yourself. Now, I will be the first to admit, that this is something that I had to learn. I used to have a victim mentality, which really is a form of excus-itis. Have you ever met a “victim” that is successful? But, what I also want you to realize is, very few people start out with advantages. Almost all of the highly successful people I know, started with NOTHING. They worked hard and created their own success.
Are you hungry for more? Then you have to take control of yourself! Self discipline is absolutely necessary! Self discipline is the ability to do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not. Self discipline is the key to personal greatness.
You have to take control of yourself which is self-mastery. Success is only possible when you can master your own emotions, appetites, and inclinations. Which leads us also to self-control. Your ability to control yourself and your actions, control what you say and do, and ensure that your behaviors are consistent with your long term goals and objectives is the mark of a superior person.
You also have to have self-denial. This requires that you deny yourself the easy pleasures, the temptations that lead so many people astray, and instead discipline yourself to do only those things that you know are rightful the long term and appropriate for the moment. I also call this stepping out of your comfort zone. So many times when things are uncomfortable, it’s human nature to put them off and stay where it’s comfortable.
Self-discipline requires delayed gratification, the ability to put off satisfaction in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term. This is hard for so many because most are wired for instant gratification. I see so many give up before right before they see any results.
You have to be willing to take daily steps to work on your mind. You have to be willing to learn new things, and new ways of thinking and looking at things. I teach that this has to be done almost daily. Some of the things that I do are:
- Listen to audios, podcasts or videos
Anything that is inspiring or motivational. I like to do this while I’m getting ready in the morning.
- Read self development books
There are so many great books out there! I love anything by Brian Tracy, Grant Cardone, Simon Sinek Robert Kiyosaki, Tony Robbins or even Rachel Hollis to name a few.
- Focus on your goals
I suggest you have a written goal statement that you read daily. I also LOVE dream boards.
Verbalize daily affirmations. “I am” is a great way to start these. I like to say the opposite of what I am, to convince myself that I am that, An example would be: I am a great public speaker!
- Make lists
We are all busy, and I find that when I make a list of tasks I want to get done, I get more done. I also find that the busier I am, the more I get done.
- FInd a tribe
Find a group of people that encourage you! We all deserve to have people in our lives that push us to do more, to go after our dreams.
- Just do it!
Get in the habit of taking action within 5 seconds, before you can talk yourself out of it! Just do it!
Just try it, what do you have to lose?
Why you should consider a side hustle-unless you like living paycheck to paycheck! Before I get started, let’s talk about what a side hustle is exactly. Instead of getting a second job, a high number are starting their own businesses. It is not necessarily a […]
Who is REALLY profiting from your beauty care purchases? I know that is an interesting question, but I guarantee if you read on, it will make sense in just a bit! If any of you know me, you know that I am on a mission […]
Cosmetics-Are you really capitalizing on this BILLION DOLLAR market?
The United States Cosmetic Industry is the largest in the world, estimating a total revenue of $54.89 BILLION! This industry is projected to grow 3-4% each year over the next 5 years in the United States
Why? Look at the statistics:
*Nearly half of women in the US feel that wearing makeup makes them in control
*82% of women believe wearing makeup makes them feel more self confidence
*86% of women find that wearing makeup improves their self image
It’s an IMMEDIATE fix and helps us communicate the mood we
are in and it’s less committal than other changes to our look. We can WASH it off and start fresh & create looks from day to night or night to day 😉
Makeup = Confidence! It encourages people to prioritize themselves. It’s not to impress other people, but rather to empower ourselves
Making people feel beautiful is so rewarding in many ways…
It was estimated that $17.3 billion USD of beauty sales were generated
through online stores and mail-order product sales.
For those selling product online, they were able to reach a wider variety of customers without the hassle of opening new retail stores. Good for them, but not for the salons…
What Influences Consumer Beauty Shopping?
*75% of prestige beauty shoppers reported they were somewhat / strongly influenced by product reviews / endorsements
*It’s important to have reviews on your website
*52% of prestige beauty shoppers reported they were somewhat / strongly influenced by ‘Best Of’ awards
*Promoting a line that is receiving awards and recognition
*Celebrity Endorsements had a lesser effect
*Clients want recommendations from people they trust
Challenges for pros–
Salons-Finding professional quality brands to retail
*Mediocre products developed by haircare brands just to have-no focus on quality or education
*Private Label-quality usually isn’t great, have to order large inventory-6 at a time, no branding
*Exclusive retail brands-Large quotas, startup intros, now going directly to consumer-ie:Jane Iredale, large inventory is needed-no websites offered
*Dept store brands-Pro card option but not allowed to retail
So what did we create? Something that really bridges the gap. Here is just a small glimpse of some of the things that we can do:
- Cosmetics that complement every skin tone
- Perfect formula and pigmentation for easy application
- Proprietary formulas-professional quality
2 | YOUR OWN MOTIVESCOSMETICS.COM WEBSITE
- Personalized site that is consistently updated with fresh content
- Taps into the fastest growing distribution channel in beauty care
- Gives your customers the opportunity to shop 24/7
3 | CREATED & BRANDED BY LOREN RIDINGER
- Named as one Vogue’s Top 100 Most Influential Women
- Awarded the Woman of Substance and Style Award
- Recognized by Fashion Group International for her contribution to the fashion and beauty industry
- Named Entrepreneur of the Year by Business Leader Magazine three years in a row
- Her personal blog, LorensWorld.com, was named as one of Forbes’ Top 100 Websites for Women
- Named one of the Top 50 Most Motivational People of the Web and Twitter
4 | CUSTOMIZABLE FOUNDATIONS UNRIVALED ANYWHERE IN THE INDUSTRY
- Provides an unparalleled opportunity to offer exclusive products, foster customer loyalty and reap substantial profit
- Includes modifiers and enhancers that allow you to further customize the foundation and target specific concerns
5 | PRESS AND MEDIA EXPOSURE
- Motives has a loyal celebrity following
- Through magazines and websites, the Motives brand is exposed to over 90 million consumers worldwide
6 | EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Affordable national training system
- Informative training courses in makeup application and business building
- Business training and coaching by experienced Motives Beauty Advisors
7 | MOTIVES ONLINE PARTY
- Allows anyone to host a Motives cosmetics party online
- With the help of social media, this interactive tool allows you to have an online party from the comfort of your home
8 | CUSTOMER REWARDS PROGRAM
- Earn Cashback of 2% or more on Motives online purchases
- Earn ½% Cashback on referred friend’s purchases
- Redeemed Cashback can be used to purchase products on motivescosmetics.com
- Redeem Cashback for a minimum of a $10.00 check
9 | MOTIVES PRO ARTIST PROGRAM
- Makeup artists can purchase Motives products at wholesale price and earn up to 40% retail profit on sales
- Exclusive artist promotion on motivescosmetics.com
- New customer referrals
10 | MOTIVES PRO ACCOUNT & THE MBBA-MOTIVES BEAUTY & BUSINESS ACADEMY
- Nowhere else in the industry can you find a curriculum that is a perfect blend
of enhancing existing business structure, new initiatives to drive in more clients,
relationship building, client loyalty, science-based products with clinical studies and
overall ultimate exclusivity than at the Motives® Beauty & Business Academy
11 | PROVEN BUSINESS MODEL TO ACHIEVE FINANCIAL SUCCESS FOR YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS
- Business-building tools, support and education provided
- Create the lifestyle that YOU want
- Earn the income YOU desire
Find out if Motives can fit into your business. Fill out this form to have access to a FREE webinar:
Do you have a LOVE for the cosmetics industry? Motives Cosmetics is looking for motivated trendsetters who love make up, fashion, and health to help with the expansion of the award winning line Nationwide and we are having a LIVE webinar Thursday August 31st […]
This May is a very special time for me because not only is it my anniversary for establishing my UnFranchise business, but this year Market America is celebrating their 25th year since they started the company. I thought that this is a perfect time to write about Why MLM wasn’t for me and “Why” I chose Market America over any other company and “What” it has done for me.
Maybe it is because I had a traditional business, but honestly I have always been looking for the right vehicle. When I was approached about this business, I had a preconceived notion.
I had a little experience with some MLM (multi-level marketing companies) and it left me with a bad impression. I liked the products but I was “Signed Up” without knowing & found out on accident that the pay isn’t all that great for the average person-Anyone else ever get a check for $.72?
So, I thought Market America was just one of those things…and it took my friend and salon business partner, Deborah 6 months to get me to even look at their business plan. And in all honesty it was only because I knew her daughter was having life changing results with the health and nutrition products that peaked my interest.
When I finally evaluated the UnFranchise System, this is what I saw:
- The company started in 1992 and has GROWN exponentially every year
- Since then, they have generated over $7.3 BILLION in accumulated retail sales
- They have paid over ½ back to the UnFranchise Owners & Individuals have earned over $3.8 billion in commissions and retail profits
- They offer hundreds of exclusive branded products and services over 15 different billion dollar industries including health & wellness, weightloss, cosmetics, skincare, personal care, baby, pet health, home & garden, automotive care, web solutions, entertainment, etc.
- Over 40 million additional products/services through affiliates and direct partners on their SHOP.COM internet marketing platform
- Headquartered in Greensboro, N.C., with international operations in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, the United Kingdom and the United States. Emerging markets include the Bahamas, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Jamaica, New Zealand and Panama.
- Market America has an A+ rating with the BBB & has been awarded the Torch Award for business ethics
They are a reparable company that has continued to grow that allows me to offer the most sought after products in billion dollar markets across the world.
It’s also a platform that I can leverage by matching people up to the high quality products they are looking for and gives me the ability to have business partners that specialize in all of these different markets.
They have a proven business system that is meant for the average person to build a significant residual income that has produced hundreds of millionaires-these individuals earned at least a million dollars in commissions-it’s not that they sold a million dollars…
What makes their compensation plan different?
There are many, but these stood out to me the most, but before you read on here’s a great video to consider: Things to Avoid When Looking at Top MLM/Network Marketing Companies
- Like a franchise, Market America provides systemization, standardization, state-of-the-art management systems, merchandising and marketing tools, growing visibility and the opportunity to own multiple business locations. However, unlike a franchise, there are no franchise fees, monthly royalties, territorial restrictions, little to no risks and minimal startup expenses. Instead of paying the franchisor a royalty, Market America pays you commissions and retail profits from sales through your SHOP.COM website and referral network.
- UnFranchise Owners can begin on a part-time basis with flexible hours
- It’s NOT a MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) compensation plan. In fact you don’t get paid on levels, or percentages on others sales, your volume doesn’t disappear at the end of the month, there are no break aways and you don’t get paid on recruiting.
- You get to work with a team of people that help and support each other because you ALL earn 100% of the volume, and you can have as many people on your team as you want…I know, but it’s true and you have to see the business plan to understand how.
- Because of the above, there is no need to have thousands of customers, you only need 10-15 customers
- You earn 30-300% gross retail profits from our exclusive markets
- Commissions are paid out weekly, and the smallest check you’ll get is $300
- You can earn unlimited income
- You get to utilize the Shopping Annuity and save and earn money on the things you are going to buy any way and you can help others by showing them too
- You can start with a minimum investment that yield huge tax advantages
- This is an on-line franchise that goes with you anywhere. You don’t need a physical location
- The training system is the best I have experienced
- You get to combine technology with one to one marketing
I could keep going but if you want to see the business plan, but you really need to see for yourself 🙂
What has all of this done for me?
- The biggest is that I have my time back! I owned a traditional business-a salon, and I was married to my business. I loved being behind the chair, but being a seasoned stylist, I was working extremely long hours. And when I wasn’t behind the chair, I was working behind the scenes making sure the salon would stay successful.
When you have a career in the beauty industry unfortunately you end up working nights and weekends. When my kids were little it wasn’t as much of an issue, but when they started school, I would drop them off in the morning and I wouldn’t see them until the next day.
When I was introduced to Market America, I was really just interested in the amazing exclusive products and started to integrate them into the salon. Not only was I having amazing results, but clients and family were too.
- It has given me my health back! I wasn’t the healthiest person when I entered the cosmetology field, and continued exposure to the chemicals we have to use to perform hair services didn’t make things any better, and I developed auto-immune disorders and other inflammatory disorders & misc. symptoms. The nutraceuticals have improved the way that I feel so much which is so invaluable.
- I am able to help so many with the products because they work. They are all backed by science and give results
- I help people SAVE money and actually earn money on their purchases, and the company has paid over $30 MILLION to our customers
- I am able to still work within my profession which is my PASSION
- The training system has taught me how to be a better wife, mother, friend and business woman. The self-growth that I have had is unexplainable.
- I have the tools and knowledge to mentor others regardless of their background and change their lives too!
- I have found a tribe of people who have become some of my best friends, they are my Framily
- I became a Certified National Trainer so that I can empower even more entrepreneurs
- I am building a willable asset and leaving a legacy for my children
- I have built a significant ongoing income
- I get a return on almost everything I buy
I have finally found the right vehicle to do whatever it is I want to do…and this is just the beginning!! I could keep writing, but I think you should just check it out for yourself and if it’s not for you, then find something to help you achieve your goals and I will see you at the top!
If you want more information on how you can start your own UnFranchise fill out this form and I will contact you.